Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Ryan's 7th Birthday ~ Oct. 30, 2012

My baby boy is no longer a baby...he turned seven years old this year!  :-(  When I asked him what birthday dessert he wanted, he was VERY specific.  He wanted a yellow cake with blue icing and chocolate-covered pretzels on top.  And that's exactly what he got!!

Here he is opening one of his gifts...a HUGE Army airplane.  I think he was just a little bit excited!

Brock completed the Army theme with his gift to Ryan...lots of Army men and tanks.

Ryan with his huge airplane.

As with Brock's birthday, I decided to try my hand at money origami for Ryan.  I found directions to make Abe Lincoln With a Gangster Hat.  It turned out pretty good!

I made Ryan a $10 heart origami, too.

For Ryan's birthday party, he wanted a cookie cake.  So, once again, I made it.  This one turned out a little better tasting than Brock's.  Ryan added his Indiana Jones characters to make it super cool.


Ryan wanted a Halloween party, so Brock donned his Harry Potter costume once again.

And Ryan showed his Indiana Jones whip action.


Brock and Ryan with some friends.

Here is some of the food I made for Ryan's party:  Frog's Eyes & Hearts of Rats.

We also had a (Jell-O) bloody brain.

I wish I had an overhead view of these Mummy Dogs...they turned out really cute.  I wrapped hot dogs with crescent rolls and then gave them some bloodshot (ketsup) eyes. 

These were part of the goody bags that I made for Ryan's guests.

Ryan's guests all dressed up and ready to go trick-or-treating!

Earlier on Halloween, the first grade class got to dress up as their favorite children's book character.  Brock was nice and let Ryan borrow his Harry Potter costume for the day.


Our Jack-o-Lanterns this year:  a Mummy

Blue Angry Birds

...and the White Angry Bird.


No comments: