Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Brock's 9th Birthday ~ Oct. 28, 2012

My sweet boy turned nine this year.  (Sniff, sniff)  He wanted a cookie cake for his party, so I decided that I would try to make it myself.  It turned out looking pretty good and it tasted o.k.  It was a little crunchy, but the kids seemed to like it!

After I made the cookie and put the icing on it, Brock decorated it with his touch...Harry Potter battling Lord Voldemort while Ron, Hagrid and Hermoine watch.

Brock asked his friends to dress in their Halloween costumes for his party.  Who was Brock?  Harry Potter, of course!

I think he looks amazing like Harry Potter.


Ryan was Indiana Jones!



Some of Brock's friends at Chuck E. Cheese.

After Chuck E. Cheese, we had 11 boys come to our house for a sleepover!  Whew!!  It was a lot of boys and a lot of fun!




Brock and Ryan with their 11 friends the next morning.

On Brock's actual birthday, we celebrated as a family.  Ryan gave Brock a cool Spy cam.

Brock really likes Origami, so I tried my hand at it and made a $10 heart...not too bad!

I also made a $5 ring.  It was a bit too small for his finger, though.

I asked Brock what he wanted me to make for his birthday dessert. I offered to make a pie, cake, cupcakes, cookies, whatever he wanted.  He said he wanted an ice cream cake, but I told him that we had spent a lot on his party and it needed to be something cheaper that I could make.  He couldn't decide, so I jokingly said that we could just buy him a bucket of ice cream and stick some candles in it.  That is exactly what he wanted!!!  So, I took him to the store and he picked out some sherbert.  I stuck some candles in it and he loved it!!

No comments: