Saturday, August 11, 2012

July 2012

July started with swimming lessons this year.  Brock was excited to have his friend, Jackson, in the same class.

Ryan waiting for his lessons to start. 

Brock's class practiced diving.  He's getting pretty good!


We also went to the pool quite a bit this summer.  The diving board at our favorite pool has been broken all summer, but that didn't stop Ryan (and Brock) from diving!

Ahhhhh...brotherly love.

More fun at the pool.

For July 4th, I tried a dessert I found on Pinterest.  They turned out really cute...and tasted pretty good, too!


For the last two summers, we've participated in the Kids Bowl Free program at our bowling alley.  (If you haven't heard of it, check it out at www.kidsbowlfree.com.  It is offered in many bowling alleys across the nation.)  Brock and Ryan love bowling.  This is how Ryan usually looks as he waits to see if he hit any pins.

Sometimes he looks like this...but in any case, he's always on the floor!

Brock is a little more subdued.


Daddy got to bowl with us once, too!

Most of the time, we met friends to bowl.  Life is always better with friends!

Steve was out of town for work for a few nights, so the boys and I built them a fort in the kitchen.  This stayed up for about three days and they loved it!!


They even ate in their fort!


We also went to the Children's Museum where they had a great time playing in HEB...


...acting like Spiderman...


...playing checkers...


...and pretending they were hurt and needed crutches.  (I still don't get this.  After all the times I've been on crutches, it's something I never want to have to use again!!!  But they love them!)


We've also found that HEB has a kid's cooking class on Tues. morning.  My kids have recently found an interest in cooking.  The classes are really simplified and only take about 10 min., but they sure enjoy them.  Their first class was making mini corn dogs.



The second class they went to they made dirt with worms.  It was crushed Oreos with chocolate pudding and gummy worms.  It was pretty darn yummy!






We also went back to Breham to go roller skating.  The kids really love this...maybe because we don't do it that often.  They were a little shaky the first time, but by the end of the day, they were doing pretty well.




The thing I love most about our house is the nature that we're surrounded with.  Not only do we have a great backyard, but we also have so many critters in our yard.  I came home one evening to these three bunnies in our front yard.  It's just so cool to see.  We not only have bunnies, but we also have hawks, owls, squirrels, lizards and geckos.  It's awesome!

No comments: