Sunday, November 15, 2009

Ryan and My Conversation

About a week ago, Brock and Ryan were riding in the car with me. Steve and I had previously mentioned that birds don't get shocked on a high wire because they are only touching one wire. So here is the conversation that day in the car:

Ryan: One time I touched a wire and got shocked (pronounced "shock ded").
Me: You did?
Ryan: Yep and I went to the hospital and the doctor broke my leg.
Me: He did?!?! Well, that's not a very good doctor then.
Brock: Ryan broke his leg?
Me: No, he's just pretending.
Ryan: Yes, I did!!!!!!
Me: No, you didn't.
Ryan: Yes, I did!!! A long time ago!
Me: No, you didn't. A long time ago, you were just a baby.
Brock: Ryan broke his leg when he was a baby?
Me: No.
Ryan: YES, I DID!!!!!
Me: No, you've never broken a leg.
Ryan: YES, I DID!!!!!!
Me: O.K., Ryan...whatever.

Oh, out of the mouths of babes. I think I was laughing the rest of the day.

No comments: